You see, every single day, we’re exposed to toxins in the air… from the carpet… from soaps and shampoos… the chemical cleaners we use… detergents… pesticides on fruits and vegetables… fumes at the petrol station… mercury fillings in your teeth… chlorine and fluoride in the water… the list is practically endless!
Over time, these toxins build up in your body and can wreak havoc on your health and vitality. You may experience little aches and pains – and not know why. You may experience lethargy and sluggishness. You may get sick more often.
After food is chewed, swallowed and leaves the stomach, it’s broken down into its smallest form in the small intestine.
These tiny food particles—and any accompanying toxins—are then passed along to the liver, which continues the process of extracting toxic and otherwise useless material and prepares it for excretion.
If it’s not easily sent to the kidneys, then the liver will send it back down the small intestine preparing it for departure.
From there, it either exits your body at the end of your large intestine (AKA colon) or gets reabsorbed and sent back to the liver.
Do you see how messy things can get if your liver, kidneys and intestines aren’t functioning properly?
You’ll notice the word "live" is contained in the word "liver." In fact, at one time in the English language it was called "lifer." The word derives from a Babylonian word which means "that without which life cannot continue."
Your liver is the second largest organ in your body (your skin is the largest), and the hardest working one. Here are… Read more…